070608. Bath, The Former Station Formerly Known As…Formerly Known As…June 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM | Posted in Architecture, Bath, Hot air balloons, Overcast, Restoration, roofs, somerset, Vaults | 4 Comments
The twenty metre cast and wrought iron vaulted train shed of Queen Square Station (now Green Park Station), designed by the Midland Railway chief engineer J.S. Crossley and built between 1868-1869 by Andrew Handyside of Derby. Closed in 1966, it was restored by Stride Treglown Partnership and paid for by Sainsbury’s supermarket (visible in the rear) for their parking and the occasional crafts fair. It has been known as Green Station since 1951 and owned by the Bath City Council since 1974.
–Michael Forsyth, Bath (New Haven: Yale University Press, 2003), 265-266. 251-252